August 14, 2012

When you hit a wall...for the third time.

Ok, so I cried today.  I really didn't want to.  I wanted to calmly reply, when Love called to tell me the news,  "It's ok, I am confident it'll all work out."  But you know that lump you get in your throat as you attempt to hold back tears.  It's a futile endeavor. 
So I let it out as I sat at my sewing machine.  After a minute of pity, I began to cry out to the only One who can do anything anyway.  I reminded Him of his promises, His faithfulness, His love and provision to His kids. 

"We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance.  And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love."  Romans 5:3-5

Here was a real, live opportunity to walk in the truth of the Scriptures in our life.  And here I was crying. 

But God.

He didn't condemn me for shedding tears.  He reminded me of His Word.  And when he did, I turned my heart to applying it.  NO guilt, no condemnation.  Grace.  Joy.  Peace.  Comfort. and confidence.

Within a very short amount of time, He provided what we needed and my heart is humbled, grateful and light.

What tests are you facing today where it looks like there is no hope? 

He is your hope. 

He is your joy, your answer. 

Turn your sorrow to Him and thank Him for who He is.

He will not disappoint.  Circumstances may very well disappoint, but not Him.

Sometimes, we have to go through the fire.

But...

He is in the fire. 

(Oh, that I might post some photos, but my external hard drive, with all my photos, has malfunctioned...another opportunity to turn to Him and rejoice for He cares for me...)

He has provided and I am humbled by His love, once again.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...