September 9, 2011

Frog and Toad day...

For over a week, I've been anticipating today! My Love and I were asked if we'd like to attend Kyler's school and read to his kindergarten class on 'Grandparent Day'!
His school laid out muffins, fruit, coffee and danish!  The librarian noted that this year was their largest turnout ever!
When he saw us, he began running towards us and Love scooped him up.
The hardest part was fighting over who would read!  I so wanted to, but Love had his heart set on it. I conceded...sigh.
Before we headed out the door at 7:30, I grabbed one of my favorite books...
Every time the kids come over and they sleep, I read one of the stories from this book and they absolutely love the voices I make! 
 So, it was no surprise when Love began reading, Kyler began to smile.  He was sitting on my lap, so he had to strain to see the pictures!

He continued to sit on our lap after giving us our card!

It was nice to know that we were one of the 'younger' grandfolks...

...and the teacher, Mrs. Suarez, said Love was a 'great story-teller'~THAT made his day!
There was a book about D.W. and a wedding ring, a bunny that got a toothache from eating underwear, a puppy story that was read from a Kindle (we didn't care for that idea at all!), a book about 'OK'. and one about bones with very small letters...

The entire experience brought back memories of when my older boys were in school and I used to go and read to their classes.  They both had the same teacher in second/third grade, Mrs. Madsen...I loved that lady~!  Those were some good memories, but just when they were in her class.

After almost an hour, we headed out, but not before we got a picture of Kyler with his teacher...
She told the children to put the 'bubble' in their mouth...never heard that one before.  This is what Kyler's bubble face looked like as he said goodbye...
Hope to go back every year~!
What a treat to be in his class full of twice as many boys as girls!  That should help him to focus more on friendships with the other boys and not have too much drama with only seven girls!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...