May 29, 2011

Envisioning the wind in my hair...

Sitting as close to my Love as possible and is acceptable in public, my senses are acutely aware of this moment...my heart aflame with love for this man, the man of my dreams...is it possible to passionately hunger for him the way I did almost twenty-nine years ago? Can it be that I am falling in love again with this man that vowed to love, protect and cherish me as long as our lungs fill with oxygen...how can this be?  I know I love him, but what happened to passion?

It's like I've been sitting on some train, unaware of the beauty just outside my window because I've been preoccupied, distracted, busily writing a story or so I thought that's what I was doing.  The locomotive is loud, the speed uncontrollable and I am comfortable in this seat...

...but today all that changed*...

I envision myself getting up, clutching on to every seat as I make my way to the back of the car, forcing open the metal door that's keeping me in...then, in an instant, I'm leaning over the edge, the wind pushing against my face, my dress blowing frivolously free. As my left hand holds on for dear life, my right arm, in abandoned freedom, extends towards the trees whizzing by in a fury...and as I open my eyes to this beautiful moment, I am undone...I am never going to be the same again.

...this is what marriage is all about...

...a Divine love affair with the Author of the Universe writing our story with His pen, asking us to jump out of our seat and grab hold of His hand while He ignites passion and inks eternity on our hearts for each other and Him...all the while reminding us that we cannot do this on our own...this ride is too dangerous!

Passion Himself has pursued me, pulled me from my comfort, invited me to join His adventure and lavished on me the love from one man, as flawed as I am, yet one who loves me from his heart...a heart that will never let me go. 


Because I am undone, I must hang on.
I can do nothing else.

Let the flames of passion for my lover burn away all selfishness and mold us into His image together.


*we attended the Love and Respect conference and I am forever grateful for our pastor, Mike Sharrow, for his passion for His savior, Jesus, and his love for His Church.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...