January 14, 2009

Jef's best friend is gone.

Time is standing still and I can't make it go back.
My dearest friend, Diane, has lost her husband. He was killed instantly yesterday when his vehicle hit ice and slid into oncoming traffic. He was hit broadside and now Donnie is with Jesus. But we are still here and he isn't.
I'm numb.
We're making arrangements to get to Buffalo by Friday. His funeral is Sat. Please pray that we can come up with the funds to get there. Priceline led me on with a 'too good to be true' price...but we will get there. Diane needs us. We need her. She has peace.
Thanks for your prayers for their family and ours.
The trip planned for next month has been moved up and it's not the way I wanted it to be, but we will be together, that's what counts.

4 comments:

Caroline said...

Daune,

What a shock for you. I pray that you know God's peace that surpasses all understanding at this time.

Jessie said...

Oh Daune. I am so sorry for your loss. I am praying for you, your family, Diane, and her family as well. God Bless.

jené said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you in my prayers. May you find comfort in each other and the love of our Father.

Love from Houston.

Freedom in the Dance said...

Thanks so much for all your love. I probably won't be on this coming week at all...I really appreciate all the prayers and support.
We are doing the readings at his funeral on Sat. That will be a tough day, but God is bigger than this sorrow!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...