April 16, 2013

Multitude Monday

"But those who wish to boast should boast in this alone: that they truly know me and understand that I am the Lord who demonstrates unfailing love and who brings justice and righteousness to the earth, and that I delight in these things.  I, the Lord, have spoken!"  Jeremiah 9:24
 
He's leaving in four days.  Heading north and I ache.  But go, he must.  He's on a mission and has a vision. 
So, when the tears would not stop for him because the pain was so overwhelming and he misses his love so badly, I run to the bathroom and weep for him.  There isn't anything any human being can do for him.  He has to cry.  I have to let him.
As for me, I know I must let go...of him...of her.  Grieve them both. 
For the first time, though, today, I began to combat the grief with gratitude.  The weight of the sorrow lifted, and I could breathe again.  I walked out of the bathroom with a lighter heart, if only for the moment.  Perhaps this is how it will be for a long time.

Because His unfailing love brings Him delight, I will brag on His goodness in the midst of sorrow:

I am grateful for my dad.  For his laugh, jokes, the way he talks about bowel movements like we really want to know all about his!

I am grateful for friends that let me vent, turn my heart back towards Home and remind me that it's fine to weep and be sad.

I am grateful for a husband that works so hard so I can stay home and teach our boys.

I am grateful for the ability to dream about the future, knowing He is in control.

For a conversation with my niece today.

That twin teen boys are able to do most of their studies without my aid.

For blooming coreopsis, roses, lantana, yellow columbine.

One second at a time. 

With each heartfelt thanks-living spoken, He demonstrates His power. 

He delights in me. 

He is good.

Oh, that my daddy can experience that power tomorrow and each day for the rest of his life.

Ann Voskamp welcomes others to share in community and share their gratitude list.  Click below.
   


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...