April 19, 2011

The mundane beauty of Today...

Once again, mom and I headed back to the Vascular clinic so she could have another fistulagram...sigh. She's such a trooper, going with the flow--(no pun intended)--of her blood getting cleaned every other day! Her vein keeps closing slowly, so the doctors are methodically opening it up with a larger balloon each time. We may be going back once more if it begins to shut again and they're going to try a different kind of balloon.
While she went through her procedure, I went on an adventure to a nearby park because I needed to do my homework for the Leadership class I'm taking.

I realized when I got there that this was completely out of the norm for me! I just don't do things by myself. It was a strangely pleasurable experience, despite the tears streaming down my cheeks as I looked over my lesson and came up with nothing!!!   I will not quit, despite not 'getting' it with this class...

  This was interesting...there's been no rain or lightning, so I'm not sure why it broke off...unseen forces at work!





Light and shadows...just like life.  Yet, there is NO shifting shadow with Jesus.
It's late and once again, it's time I fill my mom's pill boxes: a morning one, and a daily one.  I hate when I forget to do them until either dad reminds me or as I lay my head on the pillow, precious Jesus reminds me.  I do appreciate the reminders, though.

I realize I haven't written lately.  There are several reasons:  getting back into the swing of 'normal' life of school but mostly working through grief of saying goodbye to my grandchildren and daughter and her husband.  Everytime I think of them, I weep.  I am working through the grief process over and over.  Yet, I am comforted in the realization that they're HIS, not mine.  He holds them, leads them and I get the privilege of praying and trusting them to HIM. 
...So days like today are a gift to me from Him...



2 comments:

Hollinger Family said...

Dear friend, I am praying for your mom, and for you. May God bless you abundantly....
~Sheri

mom2six said...

Praying for you today - that God would hold you all. Blessings, Nancy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...