October 16, 2009

They're HERE!

Well, after much prayer, anticipation and trusting Jesus to work out the details of their eight hour plane delay in Buffalo (due to a mechanical problem with the plane!), my parents finally arrived at 7:30 p.m. last nite!
What a reunion it was.



Here's the gang, minus Josh and Dan.

DSC09853

This was Joseph's first meeting with his grampa and gramma. It was priceless to see him run into his new papa's arms...





DSC09883





DSC09884





DSC09885

Well, after being here twenty-four hours and spending the entire day with my dad, I've come to the conclusion that he is seventy-three years old, but he acts like a seven yr. old boy with A.D.D. on steroids! He didn't stop talking all day!!! At one point, I had a meltdown and cried for about thirty seconds in the bathroom and then was fine, but it was the end of the day and I hadn't eaten and their were eleven people all needing something...

I couldn't be more grateful for them being here and for this season of our lives. Having them in the next room is a dream come true.
100_4337

Not too long ago, the Spirit woke me and spoke to my heart about keeping my eyes on Jesus because the waves were going to be 'choppy'. I had no idea exactly what He meant, but I think I'm getting a clue that NOT looking at the wind and waves will keep me from sinking.

Thank you, Jesus, for giving me this opportunity to love my parents and tenderly care for them by Your Grace.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I think what you are doing is wonderful! My mum would never want to live with us. She is here staying for a few days which is lovely but despite being almost 80 years old and very lonely would still prefer to live alone. Enjoy your precious time together. How wonderful for your children to spend quality time with their grandparents as well. What you are doing is the subject of my PhD project, funnily enough -I am looking at the experiences of women who are caring for both children and older relatives.

Daune said...

Isn't that something that you'd do your PhD project on this subject!
I'm reading a book called, "The Lies We Believe" and I'm on the chapter, "We All Die"...couldn't be more applicable right now. The reality that living is a gift and should be used wisely...excellent book, if you can get your hands on it.
These last five days have been like a dream that I'm not waking up from, but one that I am glad I'm in.
Thanks for your comment...I miss posting!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...