August 11, 2009

To tickle your funny bone~

Ok, so this morning, I think to myself that if I make the pizza dough early enough, I can have dinner ready and then cook the pizza before the house cooks up like the outdoors.

So, I toss the flour, sugar, and salt in a large bowl and set aside. Then, to another bowl, I added warm water, olive oil and mixed in the last of the yeast; and I set aside the cool yeast jar for buttons! (So green minded!)
Then I proceeded to add the liquid to the dry and mix...when it came time to make the ball of dough, I felt lumps...why are there yellow lumps, dear Jesus?...oh, my Word! Please God, I don't want to know what this is...if I just keep kneading, maybe they'll go away...nope...more...what are they????
My first thought, when I actually decided to think about what on earth this could be, was that the experimenters in our home had made silly putty a few weeks ago...NOOOOOO.....I have no more yeast...I am going to pick out these lumps...we are eating this dough!
When the experimenters woke up, one at a time, I asked each...one said he had no idea...the other said, "oh, yeah...I think it's play dough! I told him to taste it!
So he tasted the dough and said, "Yup, it's playdoh...non toxic, mom, but very salty!"
We are eating pizza with residual play doh lumps tonite for dinner...I'll see if my husband notices...
I am sure we won't die, but if you don't hear from me tomorrow, you'll know I spent the day in bed recovering...
(There weren't that many lumps, or I would have chucked the whole thing...but when I told my sister that's moving here next month, she told me not to tell her these kinds of things and that she'd be bringing dinner over when they came! I told her I believe it's time to separate the cooking flour from the experiments! Probably should have already thought of that one long ago...!)

Enjoy your laugh...and if that's not funny enough for you, check out this cool video...

1 comment:

Rachael said...

i really like your playdough pizza post! too funny! i guess it could have been worse!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...