August 13, 2009

On Being Intentional...

Ever have one of those days when all you can see is where you are NOT getting it right? Where all 'your' best efforts come up short and the flaws or your children scream, "You made me like this!" Or when your lover confronts you on an issue that is so tender and yet so true?
Or when you believe you have a great marriage and there are no immediate stressers, so, on the surface, it looks like the Happy Christian home, but these 'things' keep tripping you up?
Well, the Spirit of the Living God has so much more for us and He is serious about transforming us into His image, from glory to glory...
So, more than a face lift, He walks alongside to give us a Life Lift by exposing, revealing, and reminding us of the things that lie hidden in the dark-
Mindsets that stay in a corner hiding and are comfortable there...taking up space and time that could be spent building the kingdom, investing in others, and making us more like Him.

Let me be frank, may I?
It has come to our attention, loud and clear, that we've not been Intentional- Purposeful in many areas of our life together.
One particular example that applies to me is going to bed at an hour when I still have energy to love my husband, and my heart is ready and willing. Too many times I don't purpose to love him, want him and tenderly give to him.
Thank you, Holy Spirit for reminding me.
Love and I conversed about a bunch of issues surrounding being 'intentional' in our lifestyle and it could have become volatile, particularly since I sense the monthly weight gain!
But we both recognize that apart from God working in each of us, we could go around and around these mountains again and again and again.
We both chose to look to Jesus. He authors our faith, He perfects it...He is the one showing us where we need Him and He is the one who will change us...I cannot change my love, nor he change me. And we both want God to change us, so we prayed together and repented, then took intentional steps of faith and I have no doubt that He heard our prayers and according to His Word, we are changing.
Yippee!
Being a three-fold chord makes this rope strong.

Eccles. 4:9-12 Two people
can accomplish more than twice as much as one; they get a better return for
their labor. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But
people who are alone when they fall are in real trouble. And on a cold night,
two under the same blanket can gain warmth from each other. But how can one be
warm alone? A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can
stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord
is not easily broken.

Hope is the anchor for my soul. He is faithful and His love is poured out in our hearts so we will not give up or quit.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...