December 5, 2008

...The Removal of Aching...

...tends to bring more pain!


I had my tooth pulled today-after being sent home yesterday with an antibiotic-from a cavity whose filling fell out over a year ago and babied for that long...but when the Tylenol didn't stop the aching, I knew it was time to get it OUT! The kind dentist assured me that taking the antibiotic yesterday would make today easier...



When I had my wisdom teeth pulled years ago, I was knocked out and have no recollection of the initial pain as they were taken out. The recovery is a blur, as well!
This time it was different...fully awake, experiencing every pull, tug, yank, and then the sound of a drill...cutting the tooth in half and then drilling the root...an eternity of struggle to my mind.

Now, more pain...not just an isolated point, an entire area of my mouth...and then when I take the pain killer, I feel as though some power takes over and I am completely without any muscle control...which is what's about to happen in a very short moment here...
I experienced His peace after love prayed with me in the 'chair'. I had to keep my peace, stay calm, and relax...no one was going to do that for me. I had to remind myself that Jesus was in that room with me and then I had to focus...
"Trust in the Lord with all of your heart, lean not on your own understanding. In all of your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."
Thank you, Jesus.
Your presence with me has sustained me over and over again.
I love you.
I wonder...Is pain a choice, an opportunity or a curse? Does it thrust us to recognize our need for Him when otherwise we might just keep on ignoring the obvious?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...