November 25, 2008

...Searching...

11-02-08 088


Seems like we're always searching for something:

...the button to turn off the alarm that has increased its beeps...

...my love amidst all the pillows...where are you, dear?...

...for thoughts before I ever open my eyes to remind myself that I am loved, a friend of God, and strength to fight thoughts that search for me, telling me 'you're not worthy, you don't measure up'...and stupid stuff like that...


...the tissue box when I awake to blow the night dust away...

...my glasses that I truly believe have legs and wander off in a search of a new owner...

...my Bible that I put 'right here'....

...searching for 'the next big event' that will make my life important and meaningful...*

Yet, He searches us...our hearts...
Jeremiah 17:10
"But I know! I, the Lord, search all hearts and examine secret motives. I give all people their due rewards, according to what their actions deserve."

As one of his sheep, He searched for me:
Ezekiel 34:11
"For this is what the Sovereign Lord says: I myself will search and find my sheep."

The search is over. I've been found, I'm His and my life is complete in Him.

As we each search our hearts for what we're thankful for this holiday, remember that He came for us, found us, gave us His Life in exchange for our death.

We have much to be thankful for, whether it's here in America, or across the world...being thankful is a year round event...measured in each moment that we revel in His love for us.

9-23-08 233

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...