June 16, 2008

~Living By The Spirit~

I've felt that ping of grief lately that I've been neglecting Him...too busy with the move, unpacking boxes, cleaning this great house that was once a crack house...IT'S REDEEMED, Praise God!

Yet, in my heart I see that I have to continually remember that to walk by the Spirit isn't based on how much time I spend with Him, but in the motivation of my heart in that time. I don't get brownie points because I give Him my day by reading and Praying FIRST, BUT rather that I desire to be with Him in the unpacking, the cleaning and the time I have each day...
I woke to the thought of perameters...invisible boundaries I ask Him to set up for me and then listen to His Voice about what I should be doing with the time I have...and then to be consistent with that time and follow through...

Then after Sunday's Word from our spiritual daddy on Fatherhood qs he addressed wives to be that helpmeet to our men and ask them what it is that we can do to see their vision and dreams come to pass, my heart was stung again that my fulfillment as a woman and wife is to see that Jef fulfill his God-given vision...so I have to ask him, then follow through with his requests.

It's felt dry lately here in my heart and I know why...I've lacked the nourishment necessary to grow...abiding in His Word, drinking from the fountain of His love and pouring out His Life daily...

To that end, I am going to look up colleges and find out about campus ministries for my love...we are going to reach out there and bring in the young and hungry...

Have a great day.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...