March 18, 2011

Songs resonate to heaven...

This morning, as light began to fill our bedroom, I heard Daddy call me.  Not my earthly father, but my Heavenly Daddy...It was so soft that if I had really wanted to ignore it, I could have rolled over and kept sleeping.  But He said, 'Meet me outside.  I have something to show you.'  I sat straight up and as I processed what He said, tears and laughter at the same time welled up.  My lover was wooing me and I wouldn't have missed that for anything.  

I did the customary bathroom run and headed outside, Bible in tow and waited.  It was too dark to see the words.  But I listened.  Have you ever done that?  Just sat and listened?  The chorus was magnificent.  Even as I sit here and type, the song still resonates through the air...

Birds, welcoming the morning, rejoicing in Him, and reminding us all that He is alive and He designed all things to bring Him praise. 

We were made to praise HIM with our voices...loudly, just like the birds.

Although melodious, they were so loud that if one didn't really like their sound, it could be annoying.  The grackles, mourning doves, mockingbirds, sparrows, cardinals, woodpeckers chattering to be heard, "I am alive and I will not be silenced".  It's as if they're communicating to one another, encouraging each other to sing, sing strong and then wait for a response. Is this what I need to do?  Do we all need someone to encourage us to press on as well as tell us, 'your song isn't loud enough!'  'Sing louder, let the heavens hear your song.' 


Or perhaps our song is a cry.  Cry like David did in the Psalms 66:16-20:
"Come and listen, all you who fear God, and I will tell you what he did for me.
For I cried out to him for help,
praising him as I spoke.
If I had not confessed the sin in my heart, the Lord would not have listened.
But God did listen!
He paid attention to my prayer.
Praise God, who did not ignore my prayer or withdraw his unfailing love from me."









So, whatever your song today, sing it loudly and join the birds in their chorus, praising Him, for He is worthy.  He will fill your cup with His goodness.


Psalm 145:7:  "Everyone will share the story of your wonderful goodness; they will sing with joy about your righteousness."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...