March 25, 2011

Each delicate pedal expresses symmetry



The rose speaks of love silently, in a language known only to the heart...   
Unknown


 ...A work of art, symmetrically uniform, dainty, refined, resplendent, picturesque, well-formed...these are just a few words that describe the beauty of a rose. Each stalk guarded with thorns.  Interesting that Jesus wore a crown of thorns on his head as he hung on the cross.  He, the head of the Church, bled from the thorn of a rosebush.  He protected us then and He protects us now.  We are His roses.  I am His rose.


Oh, it was so wonderful to be greeted by these rich, colorful beauties this morning.  I had been waiting, yet had forgotten how gloriously vibrant they are. 

It was challenging to rightly capture the colors with my camera, so I headed out to the Garden of Eden at different times today.


   








I also found Columbine budding. The seed for this plant was sown last spring. I am encouraged that the seeds I plant will come up, but not necessarily when I want.

I couldn't leave out a 'weed'; yet why a weed?  It's color is delicate and fragile.  For now, at least, it shall be allowed to live in my garden.

















Perhaps tomorrow I'll find this tender bud opening: a white rose, tips dipped with a very soft pink, unfolding its fragrance and inviting me to join in the chorus of thanksgiving for a new day.





"The flowers are springing up, the season of singing birds has come, and the cooing of turtle-doves fills the air."
Song of Solomon 2:12

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...