February 3, 2011

February has slapped me in the face~

I wrote that January ended with warm weather; well, February has been just the opposite.  As of right now, we've been warned we may get up to 2 inches of the white stuff.  I feel like a little kid, watching out the window, walking out the front door with my hot chocolate in hand just to look up in the sky and then hurry in to the fireplace to warm up! 
We had to go out and buy our boys coats for their 'Rooted' camping trip.  We went to Walmart last nite to get gloves for them and they didn't have ANY!  So, this time we just hit thrift stores for their coats and hiking boots, which we found both and saved money to boot!  On our way home, we could see the sleety, very cold rainy stuff begin to fall and the very huge, bright yellow sign that flashes on the highway of the 'Winter Weather Advisory'...almost felt like I was back in Buffalo, NY~
For the last two days I've been hauling wood in for the fireplace and even called myself, 'Pioneer Woman' today when I told dad I didn't need his help!  I love the cozyness of snuggling with the boys on the couch, time just lazily drifting by and potato soup on the stove, the smell of onion wafting through the house. 

Today I couldn't seem to get it together and can't say I 'accomplished' anything having to do with housework, except the soup and some laundry.  But that's ok, these kinds of days are few and the boys have been battling for their health.  They slept most of the day and when they were awake, I enjoyed their laid back attitude...that never happens~I believe I'm taking them to see the doc tomorrow so they're ready to head out of town with anything they might need.

Love and I are headed to Comfort to the River Haven Inn on Sunday, our yearly getaway...I can't wait.  We really don't have any plans for Sat., except that we'll be alone.  We've talked about what we'll do and for sure we're going talk, pray, and enjoy each other.  We usually talk about the coming year and our goals, ideas, struggles and what God's been showing us.  The stuff that makes a marriage strong.

What do you do to make your marriage strong?  If you're not married, what things do you believe a couple should talk about, work on or deal with after they're married?


I did take some pix the last few days.  I hung a bird feeder outside my bedroom window yesterday, and by today, it was gone!  I also went out to fill the bird bath with hot water when I spied a squirrel digging at the ice trying to get something to drink. 
We've had to refill the hens water bowl because it keeps freezing, but we've still gotten four eggs a day!  Must be the lamp burning all nite.











All in all, it's been a quiet week, and I'm grateful.
As the Psalmist wrote:
"My heart is not proud, LORD,
my eyes are not haughty;
I do not concern myself with great matters
or things too wonderful for me.
But I have calmed and quieted myself,
I am like a weaned child with its mother;
like a weaned child I am content.


Israel, put your hope in the LORD
both now and forevermore. "  Ps. 131:1-3







No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...