July 11, 2009

...Living Dangerously...

A dangerously effective life...taking risks-
Life or death;
freedom or slavery...
trusting or fearing...
FAITH...
...the SUBSTANCE of things hope for, the EVIDENCE of things not
seen...
Believing is seeing.

What does that look like in everyday life?
How does that flesh itself out in the life of a mother desiring to see her children have a
living faith...one that is alive because it has to be-otherwise it isn't
faith, only a mental ascent to the ethereal-not Bible stories, but living HiStory...

Lately, I've been taking baby steps toward encouraging and helping these young men take those same baby steps to become men of valor-dangerous men who watch their Heavenly Father work in their life.

I'm experiencing grace for myself; as I've fumbled along learning that no matter what I do or don't do, He loves me-I, too, have been able to show our boys that I love them, whether they do or say the right things. Allowing them to make the mistakes, say the things that question all my hard work and watching them wrestle with the truth that God gives in HIS Word.

They're forming their own beliefs...will the foundation we've laid be sufficient to withstand the lies that they are hit with? The answer lies, I believe, in giving them the freedom to wrestle with Him, learn that their faith is alive by going through their own struggles and planting seeds in their hearts, watering those seeds with hope, love, patience (that's a biggie for me), suffering long as I look to Him and believe, expect, speak, and wait...when and if they fall, being there to pick them up and move forward, always believing He is for them, NO MATTER WHAT!

Seed,



time...

...

...


harvest of righteousness...




Plant seeds, wait, then harvest...never give up ; live dangerous...

See what He sees...

We have His Word on it!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...