June 26, 2009

...Jumping the Gun...

My heart rate is finally slowing down to normal.

We needed some groceries and Love was working later today, so I took the car this morning over to the post office and then to Walmart. As I got in line, I took my phone out of my wallet and called my Love to tell him where I was and then when I hung up, my wallet was gone. I searched the cart over and over...no wallet. That's when the heart began to race...I had my phone, but no driver's license, no credit/debit card, pictures, all our cards, and on top of that, no way to buy these groceries and love couldn't get to me...I called him back to tell him my wallet was stolen out of the cart and he immediately prayed. He told me to look around and I did, but nothing. The workers told me there was nothing they could do but call the police and then lo and behold, someone found it on the floor in the next aisle!

Talk about fear girpping in one instant. I don't like that feeling of helplessnes...even though my honey had prayed, I felt like I was drowning and had caused it all myself by not paying better attention. All these thoughts ran through my mind...before I had my wallet back in my hands and then, too, after. Why did I react? Why didn't I walk all around? Why didn't I stay calm? Why was fear my first reaction? Why was I so quick to judge that someone else had stolen from me? Guilt, shame, embarassment, high blood pressure...schemes that I fell for...ugh. But, He was watching...He had my wallet, my Love, our groceries, and my heart. What a relief. I can tell you, I'll be more watchful in the future!

So, I'm running to Him. If I look at the Truth, as He promised me this morning...
"You are truly my disciples if you keep obeying my teachings And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." John 8:31-32 (NLT) How applicable is Scripture...

1 comment:

Caroline said...

So easily done Daune. What an answer to prayer though.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...