January 25, 2009

Tell Your Story...

The beginning of a new week. Fresh, alive and filled with opportunities to find Him. Is He hiding? No. But does He want me to pursue Him the way He pursues me? Absolutely. Love is like that...hide and seek...Hebrews 11:6 proves that theory!

Our Father's heart is that none be lost, no, not one. His desire is for His kids to brag on their daddy about how He brought us out of the dark and into His light...and He did it with His own hand. We were utterly helpless to fix the mess we'd made of our lives. It isn't until we realize that truth that we are then able to stretch out our hands and receive His Life.

We were challenged this morning to tell our story to someone sitting near in one minute or less and then to switch and let our neighbor tell us theirs...well, the woman I shared with, Tracy, had a similar story to mine-I kept Rachael and Jef adopted her- and yet hers was so profound because she was the adopted one and now after thirty years she's found her biological mom! That's definitely hide and seek-but then watch what Daddy does to restore His kids to Himself and each other...I was honored to have met her. Her own mother gave her life and then she was adopted by a Christian family...the legacy goes on.
I intend to work on practicing my 'story' in my head so that when the opportune time comes, I'll be ready.
Make me ready, Jesus. Your yoke is fitting better and better each day as I remember I am your friend and You bought me and brought me close to my Daddy! Thank you.


1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh, how I love this!

"His desire is for His kids to brag on their daddy about how He brought us out of the dark and into His light."

Let me boast only in the Lord.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...